Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WOW, it's been awhile!

Wow just looking at when I last posted and it's been a month since I last posted. Oops! Well since then I have gone to Amarillo for my 10 year reunion, but did not take any pictures while I was there in Amarillo. Why?? I can't even tell you why. Im sure my Mom took some, I will have to hit her up for some pics. I did cut my hair off while I was in town, and I absolutely love it!! I did get to experience something I haven't in a long time. A tornado and the sirens that go along with the scare. Well technically it was a little far from where my parents live but still just the whole idea of it was scary. Girls went CRAZY. Crying and freaking out was not a sight I could handle. I remember when I was little we stood in the backyard watching stuff fall into our backyard, wondering what the heck was happening because no sirens were going off. We survived but something I haven't been through in a long time. Need to move back where we get storms not just snow and wind.




Also, we also took a little trip to Red River, NM for the 4th of July. Had sooo much fun getting to relax in the mountain air and do some jeeping. So much cooler than where we are now. Really we are only 30 minutes away from mountains but Canon City is still soo hot. It's a tradition to go up there every year for the 4th for the town parade and to go 4-wheeling. Kids love it during the parade because they throw candy to them. They leave with gallon sack full of candy. Well and I also love it to because candy is my sinful obsession. The kids get a few pieces.... ;-)



We went up a trail called "Goose Lake" with my brother, Sommer and Kyle and just after we started up we saw a bear. It was just a cub so we knew that Momma bear was somewhere so we got the heck out of there as soon as I took one picture. Luckily we didn't have any kids with us so it didn't freak out much. Just a little on the scary side.


Goose Lake is behind us. This is at the top of it. As you can see there is still some snow.

We went up Greeny Peak with just Nevin and Averi and lets just say it was a job taking them up there. They slept the most part going up but on the way down was a different story. Averi cried and Nevin wanted out of his seat. They both ended up in my lap on the way down. Miserable!!


On to Colorado Mountains in 2 weeks....can't wait!! Will post pics!

1 comments:

timmons said...

Love the pictures...they are getting so big and so fun...so glad you got to come home love ya all Robin