Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Egg Hunt







Saturday Canon City put on a big Easter egg hunt. Being that we are new to the town I thought that would be so cool to go to. Well the thought was not what I thought it would be (if that even makes sense?) We get there a little early thinking that they would have vendors out there serving lunch or food......um no they had nothing to eat but candy out there. They had all the sections of the park roped off labeled with age groups and the sections were full of eggs. Trying to keep the kids out of the sections for an hour was impossible. Thank goodness for strollers! Well the twins egg hunt was at 1:00 pm, they started getting a little cranky about 12:35 because they wanted the eggs or they wanted to run around. By that time there were zillions of people around their little section to where I didn't want them running around. I kept telling them no they can't have eggs that they will get their turn soon. The rules were that if they were over 1 years old that the parents had to stay back and not help them. Finally 1:00 came and they said "GO", the babies just looked at me like "HUH we can go" I told them to go without me going out there myself and helping them and by that time the eggs were ALL gone. Twins did not get 1 egg or 1 piece of candy. I think I was the ONLY parent that followed the rules. Needless to say is that we won't go back next year because of the fact that they had very little eggs for zillions of kids. VERY frustrating! Kalei and Emeri got some eggs because they were a little faster at it, but the overall outcome of the whole deal just upset me. Luckily I had over 60 eggs at home for 4 kids and only 18 of them were real. So the rest were full of candy!

0 comments: