Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tangled path leads to God

As many of you don't know that Canon City, Colorado has 13 prisons within Fremont County. That is A LOT of prisons just within minutes from where we live. I read this article in the Amarillo paper (yes, I still read that paper) and it put a lot of thoughts in my head. This article goes right along with what our preacher preached about today. Well he actually didn't preach but we had some of our mission people come in from Africa and tell us about the journey that they have been on for 2 years now. It was AMAZING on how they have ministered to people in Zimbabwe, Africa. I sat there thinking to myself what kind of mission would I or could I be good at?? We ALL know I can't just leave and go out of the country to share what Jesus did for me because I have 4 little ones that need me. So my mind keeps wondering how can Jesus use me to minister?? This touched me so much because Cody and I are crazy weird about prisons and what the inmates go through. We watch MSNBC all the time because they have "Lockdown" on their program that talks to inmates on what prison is like for them. Some of them are filled with hate, anger and are part of gangs and some aren't. Some of them do have Jesus with them or they say they do. All I can do is believe that that is the truth. So going back to my thoughts on how to be a part of a mission. Right now the answer hasn't come to me, all I can do is pray about this because I am NOT one to get up in front of people and speak about what God has done for me. I don't do well in front of people at all especially when it comes to talking about the Bible. So I think how can God use me on the outside of prisons from a distance and not speaking to a bunch of inmates? Hmmmm, no answers yet and there may not be an answer so I just thought I would share this article and let you pray for me on how I need to be a part of a mission. Feel free to click the link and read this article. This may not make sense to anyone but it's a thought that I needed to get out there. http://www.amarillo.com/stories/040608/new_10044168.shtml

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

It is obvious that God has placed this "mission" on your mind for a reason. I will pray that he shows you that reason.

timmons said...

I will be praying for you...God does have great plans for you...I love you and very proud of you...I love all the pictures of the kids...you are a great Mom. God bless you all Robin

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your blog. I am too praying for you. If God has put something on your heart he will give you the means, the courage, and everything that is necessary. You just have to decide if you are going to follow. I volunteer at the jail and it has been a great blessing to me. I hope to hear more about God's mission through you. Take care and God Bless.